Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Book | 8 Novels Part II

This is Part II of my 8 Novels Saga



I blogged Part I a few days ago, you can read it at the link provided above. This second part will be about 1 of the 8 novels that kept me busy during my precious breaks, weekends and free-time. The book really sparked my interest because the story is about aliens and life outside Earth and these kind of things really makes me curious and you know one of my favorite TV shows is Ancient Aliens at History Channel and subjects related to this UFO and Alien thingy is really interesting, did i also say that these are really interesting? Like super interesting? Ok, enough of this. 

May I present to you, 
The Lorien Legacies Book 2:  The Power of Six 
written by Pittacus Lore.

This book is the sequel of one of the famous novels last year which also has a film adaptation, I Am Number Four, pseudonymously written by Jobie Hughes and memoir-fabulist James Frey. The book picks up the story where I Am Number Four ended and is narrated by the two Loric Aliens, Number Four (John Smith) who is still on the run with Number Six, Bernie Kosar and Sam after they destroyed their school from the last book and Number 7 (Marina) who is hiding in a convent in Spain together with her Cepan, Adelina.

I felt the story was told a bit fast, a moment you were reading and they are in the kitchen and one page after that they are now in the car going to a mountain. There are inconsistencies in the transition of the story and a few grammar issues that was my concern also in the first book. I'm not good in English but i just noticed some holes in the grammar. Just read the book and you will know what i'm referring at. *I'm talking about grammar but i have also inconsistencies in grammar lol XDDD* The book answered some questions that was left hanging in I Am Number Four like the second ship that John Smith remembered while escaping the destruction of Planet Lorien and up to now i still do not know why the title is 'Power of Six'. I like how the author has put some many surprises and revelations and the book just strengthened my likeness to Number 6 who's name was Maren Elizabeth, I want her and Four to be together, not with that Sarah girl.

All in all, the Power of Six is good but not great.


Latest News: Third Book will be entitled, The Rise of Nine and will be out August next year. 
Source: Rise Of Nine

No comments:

Post a Comment